As part of our Specialist Physiotherapy services we provide Specialist Physiotherapy reviews and management for injured workers and insurance compensation cases.
This service is usually utilised for persistent or complex pain issues. However, EARLY INTERVENTION – risk screening, evidence informed advice and management is considered highly important to reduce the risk of transition into persistent, disabling pain and improve overall outcomes. Our experience and early clinical data suggests this can significantly improve outcomes and reduce costs.
The review process includes:
- a one hour clinic based appointment to thoroughly assess the influences contributing to the client’s ongoing problems
- a comprehensive letter outlining important contributing factors and specific management recommendations
- evidence informed education to assist the client making sense of their pain and rehabilitation plan
- immediate communication to the client and all stakeholders to promote a collaborative treatment approach
Our Specialist Physiotherapy service is currently available regionally in Bunbury and Albany. A Telehealth/Skype consult service is also available for regionally located clients.
Injured Worker Management
As part of our service we also provide ongoing treatment and management for injured workers and compensation cases.
Our management is informed by the latest evidence in the management of musculoskeletal pain disorders and strongly aligns with a biopsychosocial model of care and the Workcover WA endorsed “Clinical Framework for the Delivery of Health Services”.
Typically, this involves:
- targeted evidence informed education
- individualised, functional exercise management in our clinic gym
This is performed primarily by our Physiotherapists in close collaboration with our Specialist Physiotherapists at standard Workcover rates.
For cases resistant to management and advanced care is required, Specialist Physiotherapy management is often requested.
Please contact us if you would like further information.